I’ve toyed with the idea of starting a blog for years. I actually bought my domain name in 2013 but life until now has always gotten in the way. I’m finding the learning curve steep since I have no prior experience what so ever but at the same time I’m enjoying the entire process.
I love the way blogging challenges every aspect of my creativity. It has opened a new and exciting world for me to explore. I’m constantly brainstorming for new post ideas that inspire me to write, photograph and craft a project together.
Although I’m at the beginning of my blogging journey I’m grateful and in awe of how much I’ve already learned:
- I’m slowly learning to navigate WordPress better to customize the appearance of this blog. Hopefully you’ll see evidence of this as time goes by.
- My first post went up in April and I already have 11 posts under my belt including this one.
- My writing and photography skills/knowledge are getting better with every post.
- I’ve learned how to watermark my photos & create photo collages on the PicCollage app.
- I opened an Instagram account, learned to how to use it & now I have over 25 posts and 3 followers and counting (still trying to convince my teenage son to follow me:)
- With the help of tech support (hubby) my first social media button (Instagram) went up on the blog today.
- As you can see from this post I’ve learned to add free printables on the blog for my readers to download.
I had second thoughts about writing this post because I thought the above accomplishments seemed trivial and small compared to the grand vision in my head of what I hope this blog may someday become. However looking at the list I’m amazed with how much I’ve learned in such a short period of time. It is my intention to document every step of the journey so that I may look back see how far I’ve come.
Thank you for reading!